IRRIG8Quick refers to a suite of paper guidelines to assess performance of an irrigation system. The maths is described step by step in the Guidelines and Worksheets available here.
Each of the IRRIG8Quick methods is based on in-field measurements to determine applied depth and uniformity. Equipment needs are basic: some buckets, a measuring cylinder, tape measure and some time.
Alternatively, use the electronic calculator IRRIG8 Lite to do the sums for you. It also presents results graphically, very helpful in visualising what it happening, IRRIG8Lite info here>
FREE Downloads: IRRIG8Quick calibrations
- Centre pivot irrigator
- Lateral move (linear move) irrigator
- Travelling irrigator (guns, booms)
- Sprayline irrigator (Prepared with funding from NZ Dairy Industry)
- Drip/micro irrigation (Prepared with funding from NZ Wine and MAF SFF)
- Solid Set Frost Protection
- Irrigation Energy Efficiency